You can’t go in Reunion and not try this famous samoussas, they are every where and the best things is you can have different one, cheese, tuna, ham and cheese and even sweet !
- 20 springs roll sheets
- 3 cans tuna
- 1 green onion
- 2 leeks
- 1 teaspoon flour
- Half citrus Hystrix
1- Cut leeks, green onion, as small as possible
2- Crush the skin of Citrus hystrix
3- In a medium bowl mix all ingredients with tuna
4- Cut spring rolls sheets into thirds (4cm x 20cm). Wrap the spring roll sheets with a damp towel for several minutes or until humid enough to handle it. Too much moisture can break it apart. Be careful!
5- In a small bowl, add flour and enough cold water to reach a “glue” texture.
6. Use two spring roll sheets. Fold one corner and bring it to the opposite side of the strip.
7. Take the other corner and bring it on the opposite side of the strip to form a pocket.
8. Stuff the pocket with a teaspoonful of filling.
9. Apply flour mix on the strip end and fold it to form a triangle.
10. In a pot, heat vegetable or canola oil for deep-frying. Fry samoussas until golden brown, about 5 minutes.
11. Remove excess oil with a paper towel. Serve hot or lukewarm
225.8 Calories – Protein 6.3gr
Serving: 20 samoussas
Preparation: 35 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
If you liked samoussa tuna, you may also like: