Fried rice (riz Cantonais) comes from Chinese culture but in Reunion everyone reinvents it. It became popular and one of the classic dishes. We called riz Cantonais in Reunion and in France. Fried rice classic recipe (Riz Cantonais) is usually served with chicken and tomato rougail. This is the classic recipe for how to cook easy fried rice.
There is a Chinese basis behind this recipe since stir-fried rice is a traditional recipe from the 6th Century. Emperor Yang was already asking us to fry his rice with eggs and add different ingredients.
This is a salvage recipe: “Cantonese rice” is a way of not wasting rice that had not eaten and of emptying your cupboard a bit. That’s why there isn’t a recipe, but probably tens of thousands.
The secret of “riz Cantonais” is to cook each ingredient separately and add Vetsin to the rice. This is one of the easy and faster recipes when you don’t have too many to cook. My mom likes to prepare this dish when we have a family come over with tomato rougail it’s very delicious. This rice recipe can eat for 2-3 days consecutive.
Classic Easy Fried Rice (Creole Riz Cantonais)Course: Blog, Creole Recipes, RecepiesCuisine: Reunion, CreoleDifficulty: Easy
8 slices ham or turkey
1 cup white rice
2 cup lardons or bacon cube
2 cup peeled shrimp
1 tablespoon Vetsin
1 tablespoon parsley
- Place de rice in a medium saucepan and add Vetsin. Close and leave it for 15 minutes in a medium heat
- In a medium saucepan cook first the lardons
- Cook separately all ingredients food, eggs, ham, and shrimp
- In a large saucepan add rice and eggs and stir
- Add one by one ingredient and stir between each of them.
- Sprinkle of parsley at the end
You May Also Like: