This article contains affiliate links, meaning if you choose to click through and make a purchase, I will receive a small commission at no cost to you.
Eggplant donuts come as appetizers in Reunion, you can found them everywhere in snacks. Beignets Bringelles is a top-rated Creole cooking recipe in Reunion Island.
As the name suggests, it is made from bringelle (eggplant).
This Reunion dish is often served as a complete meal. However, it’s also perfect for appetizers at a barbecue or a family picnic.
Why eggplants is good for your health?
Thanks to its texture and flavor, it is one of the most popular vegetables for people who want to reduce their meat consumption. They are made into purees that are perfect for the lunch box. It is essential for ratatouille and caponata, which are eaten both hot and cold.
Low in calories;
Rich in fiber;
Rich in antioxidants;
Stimulates intestinal transit;
Participates in the prevention of certain pathologies.
Eggplant Donut (Beignet Bringelle/Aubergine)Course: Creole Recipes, Recepies
Discover the Eggplant Donut recipe with Mayelice.
3 large eggplants
2 tablespoon fresh ginger
4 cloves garlic
1 cup cilantro
2 cups flour
4 cups water
2 tablespoon cumin (optional)
1 tablespoon black pepper and salt
- Slice eggplants about 4 centimeter and salt them
- For the dough:
- In a large bowl, add flour first and water and stir
- Add egg Mash all spices, garlic, cilantro, cumin, black pepper, ginger
- Pour all spices in a large bowl of flour and water and stir
- The dough should not be too thin or too thick
- For the “Beignet”
- Pour the beignet in the dough
- In a large saucepan add half vegetable oil in a medium heat
- Wait until the oil is hot about 5 minutes
- Fry the “beignet” on both sides until they turn brown
- Set aside the “beignet” on a plate with a pepper towel
- Use fresh spices
You may Also Like: