This article contains affiliate links, meaning if you choose to click through and make a purchase, I will receive a small commission at no cost to you.
Carry Crevette (shrimp) is one of the most Traditional dishes in Reunion. The carry cuisine contains meat or fish, served mainly with the sauce of tomatoes, onions, turmeric, saffron, and other spices, etc…
The preparation respects Basic Rules: cook in a cast-iron pot. Sear the meat or fish, brown and reduce spice and then let simmer.
Beside the Carry Crevette (shrimp) is made with, sauce with spices. And it eaten always with rice and small spicy sauce (rougail) in Reunion.
Easy Carry Crevette (Shrimp)Course: Creole Recipes, Winter recipesCuisine: creole, ReunionDifficulty: Medium
Discover one of the Classic Creole cari Shrimp by Mayelice. Add hot chili if you like. (Even Better)
2 cups shrimps
3 cloves garlic
1 tablespoon turmeric
2 leaves thymes
1 chop onion
2 tablespoon parsley
2 tablespoons ginger
Salt & black pepper
Hot pepper (optional)
- Rinse shrimp. In a large cast-iron pot cook them in medium heat with vegetable oil for about 15 minutes. And let aside
- And keep vegetable oil in the cast iron pot
- Mash with a mortar & pestle the spices: garlic, thyme, ginger, salt, and pepper
- Cut the tomatoes as small as possible
- In the same large cast iron pot cook the chopped onions with the rest of the vegetable oil
- Then add turmeric and all the mashed spices and tomatoes; stir and close it for 15 minutes in a small heat
- At the end, add the shrimp and leave it for 15 more minutes in small heat.
- To eat with white rice and any Rougails. Privileged to do it in cast iron pot.
You may Also Like: