This article contains affiliate links, meaning if you choose to click through and make a purchase, I will receive a small commission at no cost to you.
One of the classics of today’s cuisine, the Piedmontese salad is not originally from France but rather Italian, more precisely from the Piedmont region (southwest of Italy). It finds everywhere; As well with our caterers, cafes and industrialists, we can say that it is popular with Piedmontese;) These are a few essential ingredients linked to a smooth mayonnaise. In this regard, I will not praise any merit of all-fat industrial mayo; although there are some excellent ones, nothing beats the made in the home; I will deliver the “express” recipe soon.
The Piedmontese salad, what is it?
The Piedmontese salad is the essential salad for barbecues and picnics. It is composed of potatoes, tomatoes, and pickles in a mayonnaise-based sauce, fragrant and just the right amount of taste not to leave a crumb, word of gourmand (e). I prepare it a little (3 hours) before the meal. It is freezing, but be careful not to overdo it before if you are making your homemade mayonnaise-like even if nothing prevents you from cooking the potatoes the day before.
Piedmontese Potato SaladCourse: French RecipesCuisine: FrenchDifficulty: easy
Make a delicious salad Piedmontese with my easy and simply recipe. The classic french salad or barbecue.
4 large potatoes
2 tomatoes (chopped in cubes)
A large handful of finely chopped pickles with vinegar
4 eggs (hard-boiled)
4-5 tbsp mayonnaise
1 tsp Dijon mustard
2 tbsp crème fraîche
2 tbsp olive oil
Parsley (a handful, chopped)
Salt and pepper
1 cup cubed ham
- Cook potatoes with skin in hot salt water for 30 minutes, until tender. Leave the cold and remove the skin. Chop the potatoes in a large cube
- Chop the tomato in cubes, set aside.
- Make a dressing with the olive oil, mustard and, salt & pepper.
- Toss everything together in a salad dish. Add the vinaigrette, mayonnaise, crème fraîche and cube ham.
- Cut in 2 the pickles and add it.
- Mix well then add the boiled eggs, cut in 4, add the parsley, salt and pepper. Don’t mix too much the boiled eggs to not break them.
- Keep refrigerated 30 minutes before serving. Serve with baguette.
- C’est prêt !
You may Also Like: