This post contains affiliate links, meaning if you choose to click through, I will receive a small commission at no cost for you.
Cook a quiche for two can be preparing a meal for just the two of you can be quick and easy, especially if you keep eggs on hand. Versatile eggs are high-quality protein food portioned by nature to suit small households. Egg producers have made eggs even more convenient by offering 6- and 8-count packs to retailers.
However many eggs you buy, they’ll keep in the refrigerator, with insignificant quality loss, for at least three weeks from the time you bring them home.
With eggs in the fridge, it’s easy to add a welcome change of pace to your menus. Eggs can also help you include more vegetables in your diet, as the new Dietary Guidelines for Americans recommend. Quiche in Pepper Pots is a good example of an entree that combines egg protein with the vitamins, minerals, and fiber of veggies.
These novel individual quiches are easy on the cook, too. Simply choose any colorful vegetable blend you like to fill the peppers, pour on an egg-and-milk custard, and bake. Got company coming? Then just multiply the recipe to suit the number of servings you need.
For fast, nutritious eating other times, you can use the remaining eggs you have on hand in a variety of ways. Toss slices or wedges of hard-cooked eggs with greens and other veggies for a main-dish salad; poached eggs right in your favorite soup; reheat leftover pasta and veggies and pour on eggs to make a skillet scramble.
Cook a Quiche for Two in Pepper Pots
Cook a Quiche For TwoCourse: French RecipesCuisine: FrenchDifficulty: Easy
2 medium (about 4 oz. each) green, yellow or sweet red peppers
1/2 cup (about 8 oz.) frozen vegetable blend, thawed
1/4 cup skim or low-fat milk
1/3 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning, crushed
- Cut tops off peppers and remove seeds. Sawtooth or scallop pepper edges, if desired. Stand peppers upright in custard cups or muffin-pan cups.
- Spoon 1/4 cup of the vegetables into each pepper. In a small bowl, beat together eggs, milk, and seasonings until well blended.
- Pour about 1/3 cup of the egg mixture over vegetables in each pepper.
- Bake in preheated 325 degrees F oven until a knife inserted near center comes out clean, about 30 to 45 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
- Quiche is very easy and fast to make for a lunch or dinner accompanied with a salad.
GET YOUR COOKING CLASS: Learn how to cook French Cuisine with Mayelice. Get fully interactive, ask questions, and be helped in real-time. Lesson French or English.
You may also like: